Experience Breakfast at it’s Finest
The Dining Room
Nanny Brow’s original dining room has been beautifully restored to give a large, light and airy dining area for our guests. The large, deep bay windows with their original leaded lights capture the stunning views of the River Brathay to the Wrynose Pass and the Langdale Fells beyond.
An original Shapland & Petter fireplace has been sourced and installed as a centerpiece to the dining room. A sideboard by the same makers, enhance the character and feel of this stunning room, complemented further with luxurious fabrics and oak floor.
Here at Nanny Brow, we believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We use the finest ingredients the region and seasons have to offer and all our food is cooked fresh to your order. We are proud to source most of what we serve from within a 20 mile radius of Ambleside (Please click on the link for our supplier list
). Our breakfasts have been awarded The AA’s Annual Breakfast Award each year since opening in 2009. We look forward to serving you and ensuring you are ready to take on the fells and the challenges of the day.
Our menu includes...
- Cereal selection, home-made luxury muesli
- A warming bowl of freshly made porridge served with runny honey and dark muscovado sugar
- Home-made fresh fruit salad, fruit yogurts, crème fraiche, fruit juice
- Artisan bakery crusty bloomer bread, white or granary, toasted if preferred
- An unrivalled seasonal selection of hand-made whole fruit jams and marmalade
- Full Lakeland breakfast with free range 'fell side' eggs
- Locally smoked Scottish Salmon with scrambled eggs
- 2 boiled free range 'fell side' eggs with chunky white or granary bloomer soldiers for dipping
- Home-made drop scones with maple syrup and berries
- Freshly baked butter croissants
Please let as know if you have any dietary requirements including gluten free, dairy or vegetarian and we will ensure we have a range of options available for you to enjoy.
Rooms & Suites
Dream the night away in any of our individually designed rooms. Comfortable king beds and armchairs with flat screen television, complimentary Wi-Fi and hot drinks tray, all designed to relax the senses.